Saturday, December 26, 2009

Aunt Jenn

I am the oldest of 4 girls. My sisters are 18 months, 5 years and 10 years younger than I, respectively. My sister Jennifer, who is 18 months younger, and I really grew up together. Because we were only one year apart in school, we were always involved in after school activities, had many of the same friends, etc. We had our share of sisterly fights, but we have always been very close (as I have with all of my sisters).

Jennifer is one of the smartest, most creative people I have ever met. She is also extremely thoughtful. When we were on the phone yesterday morning, she said, "Did you get Dashiell's present." We did not, so she told me what it was. I told her that I was so touched that she remembered Dashiell and thought to honor his birthday. After we hung up, she sent the email below. If this doesn't explain why I love her, I don't know what does.

From Jennifer's email:

I'm sorry that you didn't get a card informing you about Dashiell's gift. (We placed the donation at the end of Nov, so I assumed it would get there in time.)
Anyway, here is the description of the product from UNICEF:
It’s not every day you give a present that can help a malnourished child. It’s not every day you give a present that can help a malnourished child. This milk based powder for the treatment of malnutrition can be used in emergency feeding centres, refugee camps and hospitals. The formula includes added vegetable fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals and boosts the chances of a malnourished child getting better.
Technical information: F-100 therapeutic diet, 2 sachets of 456g. Milk based powder for treatment of severe malnutrition.


Allison, you said that you were glad we remembered Dashiell. Just so you know, you don't have to worry about us forgetting about him. He will always have a special place in our hearts, particularly on Christmas Day!

Love,
Aunt Jenn

No comments: