Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A dream come true























As I'm sure anyone could probably guess after reading my post about my mom, I have dreamed for many years about the day that I would bring my child to meet Santa. Today, that dream came true! This morning, Glenn and I took Kannon to Santaland at Macy's. One of the great things about living here is being a stone's throw away from iconic locations. Santaland is certainly one of those. He did so well, especially considering that he probably should have had a little more sleep before we went.

We got there around 8:20 (Santaland opens at 9) Around 8:45, a lady elf came out and led the crowd in Christmas carols. At 9, we began our journey through Santaland. Kannon was in awe of the trees, trains, animals and the elves. It was everything I had always imagined it would be. I've gone a little crazy here posting pics & video, but enjoy! He was great until they went to take his picture with Santa. I actually LOVE the pic of him screaming with Santa.
I'll also try to attach a video from Monday night, when the elves, Winklie & Pinklie came while Kannon was in the bathtub. They left him a book, a stocking and hung Christmas lights in the apartment. He was really only interested in the lights!

No comments: