Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Dashiell

My precious boy, 2 years ago today was the worst, but also one of the best days of my life. I will forever be thankful for those few brief hours when I was able to hold you in my arms. So many people think that having your baby brother should make me "get over" losing you. I am so thankful for Kannon, but I will never get over losing you. I will never stop missing you and I will never stop wondering what would have been, but I promise to enjoy each precious day I have with your little brother. Without you, he would not be here. You gave me the gift of realizing how much I wanted to be a mommy to a living baby. In a way, I guess I'm lucky. I get to be a mommy to a living baby and an angel. So many people never experience either. I love you with all my heart, my little light. Happy birthday, my Christmas angel.

No comments: