Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hello 2010!

I have said goodbye to 2009 happily, but with mixed emotions. Many awful things happened last year, but I also had the opportunity to see my little guy grow up during his first year.

Bad memories:
  • Losing my job
  • Having back surgery and the looong recovery
  • Living through a colicky baby while not being able to walk and trying to apply for jobs
  • Not knowing when and if I' ever be employed again

Good memories (which far outweigh the bad):
  • Getting to stay home with Kannon until he was just over 10 months old. (if only I could win the lottery and stay home with him permanently)
  • Having my surgery done by an amazing surgeon at an amazing hospital
  • Getting not one, but two job offers and ending up exactly where I should be
  • A much closer relationship with my in-laws, especially after my father in law came out from Vegas not once, but twice to stay with us and help out during my recovery
  • Having my entire family (almost) together to celebrate my niece's birthday
  • Watching Kannon take his first steps, smile for the first time, learn to wave bye bye, watch him during his first "real" Christmas, experience his first birthday with him, watching him experience the zoo, the aquarium, sitting on Santa's lap, Toys R Us in Times Square, the swings, the park, etc.
  • Glenn getting an agent - finally!
  • Watching Glenn be the most amazing and engaged father ever
  • A stronger, deeper relationship with Glenn

I'm looking forward to a fantastic 2010. Let's get this party started!

No comments: