Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tears of Joy and Sadness

I was so excited to log on today and write about Obama's big win last night. I have been very emotional about it. I truly feel that, even with the challenges we will be facing, my child will be born into a better world. Last night was like New Year's Eve here. I so badly wanted to head up to Rockefeller Center to "Election Plaza" to celebrate, but alas - bed rest. Even still, we could hear people on the street screaming, cheering and honking their horns. I couldn't sleep last night because I was just so excited.

This morning, I woke up and checked Jenell's blog only to learn that she delivered both of her baby girls, Alexis and Ashlen, yesterday and they are now both in heaven with their big sister. I'm sick about this. On top of it all, her birth story was horrible and painful physically. To have to deal with physical pain on top of the emotional stress is just cruel. I will never understand how God can let drug addicts, teenagers, abusers etc. be blessed with children while taking children away from a good, loving couple wants nothing more than to love their children. It is senseless. I can't believe that Jenell and her husband, Rob, will have had to bury 3 children in less than 10 months.

Please keep her in your prayers. If you click on the link in my last post, you can leave a comment for her and Rob. I know they appreciate knowing that they are surrounded by support and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Less than 2 weeks ago, I went through a still birth. I mean my baby doll - aanya died in my belly 2 days after my due date. Still birth is one of the worst thing that can happen to anyone. I have been thinking lately, that god can also be cruel. I can understand what these parents must have gone through. We can not replace our dead baby but I have been listening lately that time heals everything and good & bad times never stays forever. Lets see.....I have my prayers to god to atleast give strength to parents like us and hope to look ahead.
Gunjan